Collège de l'Île is accepting applicants To Create A List of qualified individuals to fill term Clinical Nursing Instructor positions in our Practical Nursing Program. Positions will be filled on an as needed basis.
DUTIES: Provide strong leadership, guidance and support to the practical nursing students to ensure safe, effective, patient-centered care.
RESPONSIBLITIES include but are not limited to:
· Orienting students to the clinical setting;
· Preparing appropriate clinical assignments;
· Providing clinical supervision to students by reviewing student’s organization plans, drug cards, discussing student’s plan of care and reviewing best practice guidelines on an on-going basis;
· Evaluating clinical performance with timely feedback and promoting students to apply knowledge and critical thinking skills when caring for clients in this setting;
· Contribute to a climate that fosters cooperation and collaboration with other Learning Managers in the program and to get familiar with the program’s and Collège de l'Île’s policies and procedures.
· Current registration with the Association of Registered Nurses of Prince Edward Island or the Association of Licenced Practical Nurses of Prince Edward Island
· Registered Nurse or Licenced Practical Nurse with a minimum of 3 years of recent experience
· Excellent leadership, communication and interpersonal skills
· Proficient in use of computers and E-charting
· Previous experience as a clinical educator/instructor will be considered an asset
· Capacity to speak and write in French will be considered an asset
To apply, send resume including education, work experience and the names of two references (Character references since experience isn’t mandatory? Professional references? One of each?) to the address below.
Collège de l'Île
Manager of Finance and Human Resources
48 Mill Road, P.O. Box 159
Wellington, PE C0B 2E0
Tel: 902 854 3010
Fax : 902 854 3011