Wellington, June 11, 2020 — For some weeks now, Collège de l’Île staff have been heavily engaged in wrapping up the 2020 college year and preparing for the next program intake in September.
Here is the most recent information about our 2020 graduation ceremony and our operational outlook.
- The 2020 graduation ceremony will take place online on June 15, at 11:30, on our Collège de l’Île social networks (Facebook, Twitter, Instagram).
- Our campuses remain closed to the public until further notice.
- Staff have been reintegrating the workplace in phases since May 22, 2020. We continue to encourage working remotely from home.
- We will be offering both college programs and language training in distance learning mode in September 2020.
- Activities have restarted in the health sector programs (courses and on-the-job training) since June 5, following Health PEI guidelines. Students in this sector will complete their programs in the fall, instead of June 2020.
- The COVID-19 Emergency Fund for students has been depleted. We are working with the provincial government for additional funds.
- We are following up individually with approximately one hundred students registered to start their college education in fall 2020.
“Like all learning institutions – elementary, secondary and postsecondary – the current context related to COVID-19 has triggered significant transitions in how we operate,” said Collège de l’Île president, Donald DesRoches. “We take this opportunity to highlight our staff’s dedication and professionalism without whom this transformation would not be possible.”
For all COVID-19-related measures put in place by Collège de l’Île since mid-March: http://bit.ly/39Qm4WH
For all information regarding the upcoming 2020-2021 intake: https://bit.ly/3fdunxT
- 30 -
Director of Communications